About the Department
The Department of Commerce was established in the year 2018. The Department has clear objective to prolong academic excellence and endow students with competitive skills in facing the challenges of the volatile business world. Our department augments the ability of the students with humanity, and adopting different teaching-learning strategies like case study, case law analysis, group discussions, role-play, guest lectures, workshops, seminars, E-learning, flip classroom, and gamification, etc. In 2019, the department association was inaugurated in the name of the legend “Philip Kotler.” There are various club activities conducted under this association. It facilitates the students to comprehend the real business environment. The department organizes industry visits and internship programs in every semester. Our department comprises of experienced Faculty Members who are incessantly confident to publish their research articles in the UGC approved journals. They are also motivated and aided to participate in FDP, seminars, webinars, workshops, symposiums, etc.
- Well qualified, Dedicated and competent faculty members guiding the students of our Department.
- Mentoring and Tutorial system adopting to take personal care and welfare of the students
- Well-furnished and spacious classrooms with proper ventilation for learning and lecturing.
- Smart Classrooms with Audio and Video facility for adopting Innovative Teaching Methods.
- State-of-the Art computer center has been instigated with the necessary software tools for the practical sessions.
- 24 X 7 internet facilities in the college campus
- An exclusive collection of textbooks and reference books will add another dimension for quality education.
- Further, the department concentrate on developing inters personal skills of the students by offering value added courses along with their curriculum.
|S.No.||Name of the staff||Qualification||Designation||Area of specialization|
|1||Dr. E. Sumidha||M.Com.,B.Ed., M.Phil, Ph.D||Assistant Professor||Marketing and Human Resource Management|
|2||Dr.M.Nirmal||M.Com., M.B.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., SET.,||Assistant Professor||HRM & MARKETING|
|3||Dr.P.Nageswari||MFM., MBA., PH.D., NET.,||Assistant Professor||Finance|
|4||Dr. D. SELVA LAKSHMI||M.com., PGDCA., M.Phil., Ph.D.,||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|| FINANCE, HRM,
|5||Dr.V.MANICKAM||M.Com.,MBA.,PGDCA.,M.Phil.,Ph.D.||Assistant Professor||Accounting & Finance|
|6||Dr. A. AKILA||M.Com., M.Phil., Ph.D.,||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||MARKETING, HRM,
|7||Dr. S. KANCHI DEVI||M.Com., M.Phil., E.M.B.A., SET., Ph. D.||Assistant Professor||HRM|
|8||Mrs.N.VIJAYALAKSHMI||M.Com., M.Phil.,||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||Finance & Marketing|
|9||PUNITHAVATHI S||M.Com., M.Phil.,||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||Finance & Marketing|
|10||S.SEETHA LAKSHMI||M.Com.,M.Phil., (Ph.D.)||Assistant Professor||Stock Exchange|
|S. No.||Differentiators||Expected Outcome/Impact|
|1||Case Laws and Case Studies Analysis||Increase the conceptual knowledge of the students|
|2||Roll Play in Group Discussion||Develop the interpersonal skill|
|3||Union Budget Presentation in Every year||Opportunity to learn about budget and increase the presentation skill|
|4||Assignment on realistic Topics||This practice helps to know the practicality|
|5||Innovative Teaching Methods (PPT, Google classroom, online & offline video sessions)||This is a learning mechanism helps to develop technological skill and break the barriers in teaching-learning process|
|6||Daily updating Sensex, currency and Bullion rates.||Pave way to understand about capital market activities and create eagerness to know cause for changes.|
|7||Virtual / Internship Program||Understand the industrialists expectations from the students/candidates|
|8||Industry Visit||Enhance the practical knowledge of the students along with the theoretical knowledge.|
|9||Special Lectures by experts||This practice will give more exposure on related fields|
|10||Organizing Bazar||Learn business activities and will induce entrepreneurial skills hidden in the students group.|
|11||Tally along with GST||Developing application knowledge of the students in addition with subjects knowledge.|
- A pass in 10+2 with Commerce and Accountancy.
- 20% of seats may be reserved for Vocational Stream.
- The candidate who has passed Diploma in Commerce or Modern Office Practice (3 years) or equivalent awarded by Directorate of Technical Education / National Council of Vocational Training is eligible for lateral entry to 2nd Year.
Higher Studies :
- M.Com. – Master of Commerce
- M.B.A. – Master of Business Administration
- Chartered Accountancy (CA)
- Company Secretary (CS)
- Cost & Management Accountants (CMA)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Law Professional courses
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Career Opportunities :
- Own startups
- Tax advisory services /Consultancy services
- Public sectors Banks
- Private sector Banks / Financial Institutions
- Retail Sector
- Insurance sector
- Stock Broker
- BPO / KPO Retail Sector
- Global based MNC’s
- Digital Marketing
- Investment Management
List Of Subjects In Odd and Even Semester
|French – Communication in French I||16LCF1|
|2||English – Prose for Effective Communication||16ELCE1||6|
|3||Principles of Accountancy||16CCCCM1||6|
|French – Communication in French II||16LCF2|
|2||English- Poetry for Effective Communication||16ELCE2||6|
|4||Banking Theory Law & Practice||16CCCCM4||6|
|III||1||Tamil -காப்பியமும் நாடகமும்||16LCT3||6|
|French – Communication in French III||16LCF3|
|2||English – Drama for Effective Communication||16ELCE3||6|
|6||NME- I Non Major Elective / Special Tamil||2|
|French – Prescribed text, comprehension and translation||16LCF4|
|2||English – Short stories for effective communication||16ELCE4||6|
|4||Business tools for decision making||16CCCCM8||5|
|6||SBE- I – Skill Based Elective Introduction to Marketing Management||16RSBE9:1||2|
|7||NME- Non Major Elective / Special Tamil||2|
|3||Computer Applications in Business||16CCCCM11||5|
|5||MBE- I Major Based Elective – EDP||16MBECM1||4|
|6||Skill Based Elective – II – Sales Management||16RSBE9:2||2|
|7||Skill Based Elective – III – Retail Management||16RSBE9:3||2|
|8||Soft Skill Development||2|
|2||Income Tax Theory Law and Practice||16CCCCM14||6|
|4||MBE- II Human Resource Management||16MBECM3||5|
|5||MBE – III Investment Management||16MBECM6||6|