About the Department
The Department of Mathematics at SRMTASC was established in 2018 and it has made a steady progress and has been regularly organizing various academic activities. Many outstanding Mathematicians from various parts of this region have visited the Department and delivered lectures. The Department takes an integrated and innovative approach in teaching and training the students. Apart from teaching, the faculty members are carrying out research in the frontier areas of Mathematics.
- Well-furnished and spacious classrooms for learning and lecturing.
- State-of-Art computer centre has been instigated with the necessary software tools for the practical sessions.
- 24 X 7 internet facility.
- An exclusive collection of textbooks and reference books will add another dimension for quality education.
- In addition, the department provides value added courses along with the curriculum for the field based skill development of the students.
|S.No.||Staff Name||Qualification||Designation||Area of Specialization|
|1||Mr.N.Azhagendran||M.Sc., M.Phil., B.Ed. (SET)||Assistant Professor||Number theory|
|2||Mrs.P.Sandhya||M.Sc.,M.Phil.(SET)||Assistant Professor||Number theory|
|3||Dr. P. Shyamala Anto Mary||M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D||Assistant Professor||Graph Theory|
|S. No.||Differentiators||Expected Outcome / Impact|
|Domain specific symposia||In-depth knowledge of the contemporary developments|
|Hands-on assignments in Operations Research & Applications||Good exposure in the domain learning|
|VAT Sessions||Enhancing employability|
|Mandatory Internship for the application of mathematical tools||Provides opportunity to compare and strengthen the conceptual leaning and the practical applications|
|Industry Visits followed by debriefing sessions||Broadens the exposure|
|Comprehensive Viva Voce||Examines the comprehensive knowledge base in the domain|
|Special Lectures by the Industry experts and veteran mathematicians||Enhances the knowledge of the respective industry, practices and applications|
|Mini Projects in the Key areas of mathematical applications||Practical exposure and research-blend|
|9.||Math Quizzes/Puzzles||Acquiring and strengthening the domain knowledge|
|Industry Mentorship||Strengthens professional learning, enhances employability|
B.Sc. Mathematics Eligibility
- Should have passed Higher Secondary Course with Mathematics
B.Sc. Mathematics Scope
Higher Studies :
1. M.Sc. Mathematics / M.Sc. Applied Mathematics.
2. M.B.A. / M.Sc. Information Technology /M.C.A. / PGDCA.
3. M.A Econometrics.
Job Opportunities :
- Actuarial Profession
- Teaching: In Schools after B.Ed.
- Teaching: In Colleges/Universities after PG/PhD
- Investment Banking
- Retail Banking
- Data Science & Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Engineering Services
- Operations Research
- Statistical Research
- System Analyst
- Government Jobs
|Class||Semester||Title of the paper||Credit|
|B. Sc Mathematics
|English – I||3|
|Differential Calculus and Trigonometry||5|
|English – II||3|
|Differential equations and Laplace transforms||5|
|Analytical geometry of 3D||3|
|English – III||3|
|Sequences and Series||4|
|Classical Algebra and Theory of numbers||4|
|Programming in C||4|
|English – IV||3|
|Vector Calculus and Fourier Series||4|
|Principles of IT||3|
|C Programming (P)||2|
|V||Numerical Methods with MATLAB Programming||4|
|Numerical Methods with MATLAB Programming (P)||2|
|Soft skills development||2|